Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Helpful Reminder?


It did not take very long for me to realize how special my hometown was. One harsh winter back east and it soon became apparent, that I in fact was a proud Vancouverite. The harshness of the winters and the intensity of the daily grind became daily reminders that I should never of taken my hometown for granted. I would dread my oversized Northface down coat and would avoid any contact with the outside temperatures. These became clear indicators of my deep seeded love for my city by the bay.

But if -30 degree temperature were not enough, thanks to the 2010 Olympic Games, every g-d for sakin celebrity and athlete felt the need to tell me every commercial break, how wonderful Vancouver was.

Clearly, I did not already need the reminder. Was it helpful? On the contrary, it merely made me homesick.

Apparently I gotta be there? Well thanks for clearing that up.

No comments: